Sunday, November 6, 2011

List of Medicine & Supplements I Take Every Day

I thought readers of this blog might like to see a list of what I take every day.

Every Day... From Most to Least Important:

Lithium Orotate - 2 Pills in Morning, 2 in Evening - for Bipolar Disorder NOS. This really works for me.

Acidophilus & Bifidus - 1 Pill a Day - I take this to prevent yeast infections and to keep me regular (it helps with constipation).

GTF Chromium 200mcg - 3 Pills a Day - For Blood Sugar Levels. Definitely helps me feel better.

Garlic Supplement - I currently take 3 pills of Nature Made's Garlic, which does work, but I'm probably going to switch back to Now's Odorless Garlic because the pills are smaller and eaiser on my stomach.  Garlic helps fight yeast infections, which I'm prone too, and it also made a rash on my wrist go away.

Zinc Chelate 30mg - 1 Pill a Day - This is a low dose of Zinc. I used to take a higher dose, but I had concerns about long term safety. Zinc definitely helps when I have a sore throat, and I think zinc might help with depression, but I'm not totally sure.

Vitamin C Extended Release - 1 Pill a Day - For my Immune System

Lutein Esters 20mg - 1 Pill a Day - Helps with eyesight.

Manganese 10mg - 1 Pill a Day - Supposed to help with blood sugar levels and hearing. I can't tell if it makes a difference or not.

Kirkland Multivitamin - 1 Pill a Day - I don't know if this helps at all, but I buy it at Costco and it's cheap!

2 comments:

  1. I'm curious about lithium orotate. I've taken lithium carbonate ER for years. Have you ever taken that? If so, how is lithium orotate different?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've taken Lithium Carbonate but not the ER version. Lithium Carbonate and Lithium Orotate both work well for my mood problems. The only difference I found was that the carbonate caused a tremor in my hands, which the orotate version doesn't cause. See this post for more info.

    ReplyDelete